Understanding anxiety by therapeutic assessment [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- APA PsycTHERAPY.
- [Washington, D.C.] : American Psychological Association, 
1 streaming video file (42 min., 57 sec.)
- Medical subjects:
- Streaming videos.
- Dr. Stephen E. Finn conducts a therapeutic assessment session with a young adult, white, female mother struggling with anxiety by reviewing the results of the MMPI-2-RF. After developing a strong rapport with the client, Finn invites her to jointly interpret the test results with him. Throughout this process, Finn empathically asks the client if the results make sense to her and, when necessary, explores related content. In doing so, the client reveals significant events in her life that fit with the test results, including the divorce of her parents and the discovery that her father had sexually abused her step-sister when the client was 14 years old. Finn therapeutically processes the related emotions to the events with the client, and encourages her to talk to her 14-year-old self in-session, showing empathy and support. At the conclusion of the session, Finn encourages the client to continue her current therapy, and provides recommendations.
- Part of the APA PsycTHERAPY collection.
- Finn, Stephen Edward, author.
American Psychological Association. ,
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|