A choreographer's score : Fase, Rosas danst Rosas, Elena's aria, Bartók / by Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker & Bojana Cvejić.
- Brussels : Mercatorfonds : Rosas ; New Haven [Conn.] ; London : Distributed outside Belgium and Luxemburg by Yale University Press, ©2012.
245 pages : illustrations, facsimiles ; 28 cm + 4 DVDs (approximately 350 min. : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Keersmaeker, Anne Teresa de.
Keersmaeker, Anne Teresa de -- Criticism and interpretation.
Fase (Choreographic work : Keersmaeker).
Rosas danst rosas (Choreographic work : Keersmaeker).
Elena's aria (Choreographic work : Keersmaeker).
Bartók/Aantekeningen (Choreographic work : Keersmaeker).
Keersmaeker, Anne Teresa de -- Interviews.
Choreographers -- Belgium -- Biography.
Choreographers -- Belgium -- Interviews.
Choreography -- Belgium.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Text in English, Dutch and French; discs in English with optional French or Dutch subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL; widescreen presentation (16:9 aspect ratio).
- "A conversation in which the Belgian choreographer Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker offers the performance theorist and musicologist Bojana Cvejić wide-ranging insights into choreography and into the making of the four early works [Fase, Rosas danst Rosas, Elena's aria, and Bartók's String quartet no. 4] (1981-86). A narrative self-analysis is prompted by questions aimed at uncovering methods and intuitions from the formative years of this distinguished choreographer ... Searching for a way to mediate the rich and diverse material that forms a choreography, De Keersmaeker and Cvejić create a compound score for Fase, Rosas danst Rosas, Elena's aria, and Bartók's String quartet no. 4. The score for each of the four choreographies combines a detailed verbal account, illustrated by numerous drawings, schemes, photos, and post-performance documents, with demonstrations danced by the choreographer, and excerpts from performances in which explanations begin to dance"--Slipcase.
DVDs contain interviews with Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and danced demonstrations, with excerpts of Fase, Rosas danst Rosas, Elena's aria, and Bartók/Aantekeningen.
- Disc. 1. Fase, four movements to the music of Steve Reich (83 min.)
Disc. 2. Rosas danst Rosas (105 min.)
Disc. 3. Elena's aria (83 min.)
Disc. 4. Choreography to Bartók's string quartet no. 4 (83 min.).
- DVDs: recording & editing, Olivia Rochette & Gerard-Jan Claes ; production, Rosas.
- Includes bibliographical references (page (19).
Interviews recorded at Rosas Studio, Brussels, January 11 & 15 (disc 4), April 3 & May 16 (disc 2), and December 11 (disc 1), 2010; and March 18-19, 2011 (disc 3).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Cvejić, Bojana.
Rochette, Olivia, 1987-
Claes, Gerard-Jan, 1987-
Rosas (Dance company)
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|