Recipes, 1935? - 1950? = מתכונים, 1935? - 1950?
- Other Title:
- Luaḥ 5696, 1935-1936.
לוח 5696, 1935-1936.
- 1935? - 1950?
1935? - 1950?
1 volume (96 leaves) : paper ; 112 x 68 mm bound to 115 x 70 mm.
- Cookbooks -- Specimens.
Calendars -- Specimens.
Tel Aviv (Israel) -- History -- Sources.
Palestine -- History -- Sources.
Codices (bound manuscripts)
Manuscripts, Hebrew -- 20th century.
- In Hebrew.
- This is a manuscript of recipes written on the blank pages at the end of a printed calendar. The calendar was issued by the Keren Hayesod, a United Jewish Appeal organization, in Palestine for the Hebrew year 5696, or 1935-1936; the pages of the calendar have very few notes on them and are less worn. In the section at the end meant to be used for phone numbers and addresses, the owner inscribed recipes in pencil or ballpoint pen, usually one or two per folio side, for frequent use (as suggested by the heavy wear on the inscribed pages). The recipes include cheesecake (f. 79v), biscuits (f. 80v), jelly torte (f. 87r), fig biscuits (f. 81v) and Kuchen (f. 82r). Other features of the printed calendar include bus schedules and fares, advertisements for the Palestinian Land Development Organization, early bank advertisements from Tel Aviv, and a list of agricultural settlements in the greater Tel Aviv area. In original binding featuring the Keren Hayesod insignia.
- 1. f.1r-78r: Luaḥ 5696 shel Ḳeren Hayesod
2. f. 78v-95r: Handwritten recipes.
1. f.1r-78r: לוח 5696 של קרן היסוד
2. f. 78v-95r: מתכונים בכתב יד.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by lizzyoung bookseller (Brooklyn, New York), 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms Codex 2027
- Keren Hayesod.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|