Pravacanasāroddhārasūtra, 1652. = प्रवचनसारोद्धारसूत्र, १६५२.
- Standardized Title:
1 item (150 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 26 cm.
- Jainism -- Early works to 1800.
Asceticism -- Early works to 1800.
Tīrthaṅkaras -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 17th century.
Manuscripts, Gujarati -- 17th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 17th century.
- In Sanskrit and Gujarati (Devanāgarī)
- Work on Jaina doctrine (including cosmology, tīrthaṅkaras, siddhis, and asceticism), with an unknown line by line commentary in Gujarati between the lines of Sanskrit text. Manuscript contains a number of tables and paintings on Jain subjects, but also includes paintings typical of Rajasthan, such as a horse rider.
- Title from colophon (f. 150r).
Written in 13-20 lines per leaf.
150 leaves foliated 1-150, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti śrīpravacanasāroddhārasūtraṃ saṃ[vat] 1709 śrāvaṇavadi 7 ravaujālseradurgośreyo 'stu // (f. 150r).
Dated saṃvat 1709 (1652) (f. 150r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple black line.
Formerly housed as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 3001.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by the art historian and University of Pennsylvania professor Stella Kramrisch and sold to the university on April 6, 1959 (notes accompanying manuscript).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Indic 26.
- Kramrisch, Stella, 1898-1993, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|