Walnut Street Theatre. Philadelphia, December 18, 1869. Saturday Matinee. The Great Dramatization of Mrs. H. B. Stowe's World-Famed Novel, Uncle Tom's Cabin in six acts and tableaux. The intense power and exquisite pathos of which have secured for it a success unequaled in American dramatic annals, and invested it in the popular regard, with Perennial Beauty and Freshness. Doors open at 1 1/4 o'clock. Commence at 2. Saturday Afternoon, Dec. 18th, '69, The performance will commence with Overture-"Uncle Tom," Hassler, After which the great Drama, in 6 Acts, entitled Uncle Tom's Cabin; or, Life Among the Lowly, Uncle Tom, W. H. Bailey ...
- Other Title:
- Uncle Tom's cabin, or, Life among the lowly
Uncle Tom's cabin
Life among the lowly
- Philadelphia : [Publisher not identified] 1869.
- Print Collection 8 ; v. 11 no. 121.
1 sheet ( page) ; 22.8 x 14 cm
- Walnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.).
Stowe, Harriet Beecher, 1811-1896. Uncle Tom's cabin.
Playbills -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Specimens.
Theaters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Printed area measures 21.5 x 12.8 cm.
Performance date: December 18, 1869.
- Local notes:
- Print Collection 8 copy is v. 11 no. 121 in a collection of playbills bound together.
Print Collection 8 copy has Library of the University of Pennsylvania bookplate which reads "The Horace Howard Furness Memorial donated by Horace Howard Furness, Jr. and Louise Brooks Winsor Furness."
- Penn Provenance:
- Furness, Horace Howard, 1865-1930 (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
Furness, Louise Brooks Winsor (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Playbill and Program Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Philadelphia Theater Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|