Business Guide to the World Trading System [electronic resource] / ITC and Commonwealth Secretariat.
- London : Commonwealth Secretariat, 1999.
- Government document
1 online resource (332 pages)
- This publication is a sequel to the highly successful Business Guide to the Uruguay Round.It provides an overview of achievements of the Uruguay Round and the legal system established by it and explains the role of the World Trade Organization (WTO). This edition contains updates on new developments which have taken place since 1996. It also contains a new section on the six trade-related subject areas: trade and environment, trade and investment, competition policy, transparency in government and procurement, trade facilitation and electronic commerce. A thorough understanding of the World Trading System is critical to increasing the competitiveness of enterprises in Commonwealth countries. This publication will be an essential tool to the international business community and will help business leaders to better understand the implications of the WTO Agreements and how to apply the various provisions and rules to their day-to-day business decisions.Published jointly by the International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO and the Commonwealth Secretariat.
WTO: Forum for negotiations, dispute settlement and trade policy reviews
Four main rules of GATT
Valuation of goods for customs purposes
Mandatory and voluntary product standards, and sanitary and phytosanitary regulations
Import licensing procedures
Rules applicable to exports
Rules governing subsidies on industrial products
Safeguard measures to restrict imports in emergency situations
Safeguard actions for economic development purposes: special flexibility available to developing countries
Response to unfair trade practices: rules on the use of countervailing and anti-dumping duties
Rules of origin
Trade-related investment measures
Agreement on Textiles and Clothing
Agreement on Agriculture
Results of Market Access Negotiations
General Agreement on Trade in Services
Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
Trade and environment
Trade and investment
Trade and competition policy
Transparency in government procurement practices
- Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.14217/9781848597044-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|