Walnut Street Theatre. Philadelphia, December 25, 1869. A Great Bill for Christmas Matinee, Two Popular Pieces. The Roarinig Comedy of the Serious Family And the Romantic Drama, The Carpenter of Rouen, Embracing the whole strength of the Company. Doors open at 1 1/4 o'clock. Commence at 2. Christmas Afternoon, Dec. 25th, '69, The performance will commence with Overture-La Gazza Ladra, Rossini, After which will be performed the Popular Comedy of the Serious Family: Captain Murphy Maguire, Chas. Walcot ... : To conclude with the Romantic Play, in 4 Acts of the Carpenter of Rouen, Marteau, the Carpenter, Charles Walcot ...
- Other Title:
- Serious family
Carpenter of Rouen
- Philadelphia : [Publisher not identified] 1869.
- Print Collection 8 ; v. 11 no. 128.
1 sheet ( page) ; 22.8 x 14 cm
- Walnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Barnett, Morris, 1800-1856. Serious family.
Jones, J. S. (Joseph Stevens), 1811-1877. Carpenter of Rouen.
Playbills -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Specimens.
Theaters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Printed area measures 21.5 x 12.8 cm.
Performance date: December 25, 1869.
- Local notes:
- Print Collection 8 copy is v. 11 no. 128 in a collection of playbills bound together.
Print Collection 8 copy has Library of the University of Pennsylvania bookplate which reads "The Horace Howard Furness Memorial donated by Horace Howard Furness, Jr. and Louise Brooks Winsor Furness."
- Penn Provenance:
- Furness, Horace Howard, 1865-1930 (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
Furness, Louise Brooks Winsor (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Playbill and Program Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Philadelphia Theater Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|