Praise our God who Reigns in Heaven [electronic resource] : Cantata 11 : = Lobet Gott in seinen Reichen : ascensiontide cantata for soprano, alto, tenor & bass soli, SATB & orchestra / [music by] Bach ; edited by John E. West ; the English version by Paul England.
- Standardized Title:
- Lobet Gott in seinen Reichen. Vocal score
- Other Title:
- Lobet Gott in seinen Reichen
- Vocal score.
- London : Novello & Company, 
- Classical scores library.
- Musical score
1 online resource (1 vocal score (48 pages))
- Ascension Day music.
Cantatas, Sacred -- Vocal scores with piano.
Ascension Day music.
- In English; original language in German.
- 1. Introduction and Chorus : 'Praise our God who reigns in heaven'
2. Recit. (Tenor) : 'Then Jesus lifted His hands to heaven'
3. Recit. (Bass) : 'My Saviour, is the parting hour so near?
4. Air (Alto) : 'Ah, tarry yet, my dearest saviour
5. Recit. (Tenor) : 'Then Jesus was taken up into heaven'
6. Chorale : 'Now at thy feet creation lies'
7a. Recit. (Tenor) : 'And while they looked'
7b. Duet (Tenor and Bass) : 'Ye men of Galilæa'
8. Recit. (Alto) : 'Ah Lord, now quickly come again'
9. Recit. (Tenor) : 'And His disciples worshipped Him'
10. air (Soprano) : 'Lord, my vision still retaineth'
11. Chorus : 'When will the night be over?'
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 22, 2016).
Written in 1735.
Reduction for soprano, alto, tenor, and bass solo voices, SATB chorus, and piano.
- England, Paul, approximately 1863-1932, translator.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|