Ceremonial, topical, and dance songs from the Luba of the Democratic Republic of Congo [electronic resource] .
- Washington, DC : Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, 1957.
- Smithsonian Global Sound.
- Sound recording
1 online resource (24 minutes)
- Folk songs -- Congo (Democratic Republic).
Luba (African people) -- Music.
- Folk music.
- Sung in Luba-Katanga and Luba-Lulua.
- These ceremonial, topical, and dance songs performed by the Luba of the Democratic Republic of Congo were recorded by Hugh Tracey in 1957. Included are pieces with guitars, xylophones (silimba), mbiras, and drums as well as songs connected to mourning, weddings, and social gatherings.
- Mutomboko and Luwendo
Dundu we, dundu makevata bina tauni
Bankulu ne yumba.
- Sung and played by various native musicians.
- Streaming audio files.
Title from resource description page (viewed March 03, 2016).
Recorded in 1957.
- Tracey, Hugh.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: ILAMTR039
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|