Shakespeare films : a re-evaluation of 100 years of adaptations / Peter E.S. Babiak.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
v, 203 pages ; 23 cm
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Film adaptations.
English drama -- Film adaptations.
Film adaptations -- History and criticism.
- "This study reexamines the recognized "canon" of films based on Shakespeare's plays. Emphasis is shifted from the director's contribution, to the film's social, cultural and historical contexts. The work of the auteurs is reevaluated within contemporary contexts, preserving the established canon while proposing new criteria for inclusion"-- Provided by publisher.
The classical Hollywood period to World War II
Olivier and Welles
Kott, Brook, Richardson and Polanski
The 1970s and 1980s
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9781476662541 (softcover : alk. paper)
1476662541 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|