To dance like a man [electronic resource] / produced and directed by Sylvie Collier.
- Other Title:
- Triplets in Havana
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2011.
- Filmakers library online
1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Ballet -- Study and teaching -- Cuba -- Havana.
Ballet -- Cuba.
Child dancers -- Cuba -- Biography.
Ballet dancers -- Cuba -- Biography.
- Documentary films.
- Spanish dialogue; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- Cuban identical triplets Angel, Cesar and Marcos are top young students at Cuba's world-famous National Ballet School. To Dance Like a Man follows them as they are poised to begin their dancing careers. Filmmaker Sylvie Collier was granted extraordinary, unlimited access to the school, and backstage at the Grand Theatre, allowing her to film the boys as they train in the robust and expressive style that distinguishes Cuban ballet. Her film provides a child's eye view on determination and the hunger for success, within in the context of contemporary Cuba, a country with an outsize international role in arts and culture.
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 19, 2015).
- Collier, Sylvie, producer, director.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|