Mr. Conservative [electronic resource] : Goldwater on Goldwater.
- New York, NY : Zeitgeist, 2006.
- Filmakers library online
1 online resource (134 min.)
- Local subjects:
- Goldwater, Barry, 1938-. (search)
- Documentary films.
- This edition in English.
- Goldwater was five when her grandfather, Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, ran for President in 1964. In this fascinating and surprising documentary, illuminated by interviews with major public figures--including former "Goldwater Girl" Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, Senator Edward Kennedy, Senator John McCain, Andy Rooney, George Will, James Carville, Al Franken and Walter Cronkite--and never-before-seen home movies and photos, CC looks back on the man, his morals, his missteps ... and his enduring legacy as "Mr. Conservative".Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater follows that tumultuous election year, as well as others in a career that encompassed numerous political and ideological triumphs. Though he never achieved the ultimate prize, the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980 vindicated the conservative agenda Goldwater had long championed. Ironically, in later years, Goldwater's support of issues like abortion and gay rights were diametrically opposed to those of the "new-conservative" leadership, underscoring both the distance the country has traveled in the last 40 years, as well as the dogged independence Goldwater embodied up to his death in 1998.
- Anderson, Julie. , Director
Cohen, Tani. , Producer
Goldwater, C. C. , Narrator, Producer
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|