A plan of the Lakes Ponchartrain and Maurepas and the River Ibberville, and also of the River Mississippi from its mouth to the River Yazou [cartographic material] : a distance of 450 miles / by Tho. Hutchins Captain 60th Regiment.
- Other Title:
- Plan of the Lakes Ponchartrain and Maurepas and the River Iberville, and also of the River Mississippi from its mouth to the River Yazoo
- Colonial America (Marlborough, England)
1 online resource (1 ms) map : color.
- Cartographic Data:
- Scale indeterminable.
- Mississippi River -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Mississippi -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Louisiana -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain. Army -- Colonial forces -- Mississippi -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain. Army -- Colonial forces -- Louisiana -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain. Colonial Office -- Archives.
- Map of the Mississippi River, from its confluence with the Yazoo south to Bayou Manchac, and then to the mouth of the Pascagoula River in the east and the Mississippi delta and the Gulf of Mexico in the south.
Shows the northern boundary of West Florida, settlements, names of landowners, vegetation and possible land use.
In 1774, Hutchins took part in a British Army mapping expedition to survey the Mississippi River from Manchac to the Yazoo.
Volume reference numbers on publisher's website: MR 1/107.
Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2015. (Colonial America. Module 1)
- Great Britain. Colonial Office.
National Archives (Great Britain)
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|