A map of part of the counties of Mecklenburg and Tryon, lately added to the Province of South Carolina [cartographic material] / by H. Mouzon Junr.
- [Charleston, S.C.? : publisher not identified], 1772.
- Colonial America (Marlborough, England)
1 online resource (1 map)
- Cartographic Data:
- Scale indeterminable.
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Tryon County (N.C.) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
North Carolina -- Boundaries -- South Carolina -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
South Carolina -- Boundaries -- North Carolina -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Catawba Indians -- Land tenure -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Great Britain. Colonial Office -- Archives.
- "Surveyed agreeable to His Majesty's royal instructions, the 4th day of June 1772, under the direction of William Moultrie, William Thomson, commissioners, by James Cook, Ephraim Mitchell, surveyors."
Shows the Broad River region and boundary line between North and South Carolina, river system, Catawba tract, and vegetation.
Relief shown pictorially.
"In Lord Charles G. Montagu's of 27th July 1772."--Ms. note on map verso.
Originally part of Colonial Office file: CO 5/394.
Volume reference numbers on publisher's website: MPG 1/524.
Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2015. (Colonial America. Module 1)
- Moultrie, William, 1730-1805.
Montagu, Charles-Greville, Lord, 1741-1784.
Great Britain. Colonial Office.
National Archives (Great Britain)
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|