Valley of the dolls / a Mark Robson-David Weisbart production ; screenplay by Helen Deutsch, Dorothy Kingsley ; produced by David Weisbart ; directed by Mark Robson.
- Special ed.
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2006.
- Cinema classics collection.
Cinema classics collection
1 videodisc (123 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Susann, Jacqueline -- Film adaptations.
Entertainers -- Drama.
Drug addiction -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
- Local subjects:
- Women -- Drama.
Actresses -- Drama.
Substance abuse -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed Spanish; optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD,NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital stereo., Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital
digital optical mono Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- Lured by their dreams of fame and fortune, three ambitious young women enter the world of show business and discover how easy it is to sink into a celebrity nightmare of ego, alcohol, and pills.
- Disc 1: Valley of the Dolls (1967) (123 min.); Special features: Commentary by actress Barbara Parkins and E!s Ted Casablanca [optional audio feature]; Trivia overdose: a pill-popping guide to "Valley of the Dolls" [interactive feature]
Gotta get off this merry-go-round: Sex, dolls and showtunes [featurette] (2006) (48 min.); Still galleries [slide shows]
Disc two: Special features: The divine Ms. Susann [featurette] (2006) (14 min.)
The dish on dolls [featurette] (2006) (6 min.)
Hollywood backstories: "Valley of the Dolls" / narrated by Rino Romano ; produced and directed by Michele Farinola ; produced by Prometheus Entertainment [featurette] (2001) (23 min.)
A world premiere voyage / hosted by Bill Burrud and Army Archerd ; produced by Milas Hinshaw ; a Hollywood Premieres, Inc. production [featurette] (1967) (48 min.)
Jacqueline Susann and the "Valley of the Dolls" / directed by Alan Foshko ; an Alan Foshko-Lew Schwartz Del Sol Production [featurette] (1967) (51 min.); Screen tests (17 min.); TV Spots and original theatrical trailers (5 min.); "You've Got talent" karaoke (8 min.); Musical numbers [audio feature]
- Barbara Parkins, Patty Duke, Paul Burke, Sharon Tate, Martin Milner, Charles Drake, Alex Davion, Lee Grant, Joey Bishop, George Jessel, Susan Hayward.
- Director of photography, William H. Daniels; editor, Dorothy Spencer; songs, Dory Previn, Andre Previn; music adapted and conducted by John Williams.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1967.
Based on Valley of the Dolls / by Jacqueline Susann.
Special features: Audio commentary by actress Barbara Parkins and "E!s" Ted Casablanca; "Gotta get off this merry-go-round: sex, dolls and showtunes" documentary; "The divine Ms. Susann" featurette; "Hollywood backstories: 'Valley of the dolls'" featurette; 'Valley of the dolls' - a world premier voyage documentary featuring rare footage; Jacqueline Susann and 'Valley of the dolls' documentary featuring rare footage; Still galleries; Trivia overdose: a pill popping guide to 'The valley of the dolls'; "You've got talent" karaoke; Follow the bouncing doll on three songs; Screen tests of the stars.
- Robson, Mark, 1913-1978, film director.
Parkins, Barbara, 1942-
Weisbart, David, film producer.
Deutsch, Helen, screenwriter.
Kingsley, Dorothy, screenwriter.
Duke, Patty, 1946-2016, actor.
Burke, Paul, 1926-2009, actor.
Previn, Dory, lyricist.
Previn, André, 1929-2019, composer (expression)
Susann, Jacqueline, actor, author.
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, film production company.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., film distribution company.
- Publisher Number:
2234636 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|