Valley of the dolls / Twentieth Century Fox presents ; a Mark Robson-David Weisbart production ; screenplay by Helen Deutsch, Dorothy Kingsley ; produced by David Weisbart ; directed by Mark Robson ; produced by Red Lion Productions Inc. and released by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 835.
Criterion collection ; 835
2 videodiscs (approximately 123 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (unpaged ; color illustrations ; 19 cm)
4 3/4 in. stamping
- Actresses -- Drama.
Photographers' models -- Drama.
Friendship -- Drama.
Drug addiction -- Drama.
Female friendship -- Drama.
Women entertainers -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Women in the performing arts -- Drama.
Young women -- Conduct of life -- Drama.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama.
Theater -- United States -- Drama.
New York (N.Y.) -- Drama.
Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Drama.
Motion picture industry -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Drug addicts -- United States -- Drama.
Women -- Drug use -- United States -- Drama.
Drugs in motion pictures.
Susann, Jacqueline -- Film adaptations.
- Film adaptations.
Show business films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC Region 1, widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 3.0 surround.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital 3.0
video file DVD video region 1
- Three girls come to New York City and later, Hollywood, to chase their dreams of stardom: there's Anne, the innocent secretary type who becomes an assistant to a large theatrical agent; Neely, an aspiring chorus girl with pluck who dreams of being a singer; and the beautiful blonde Jennifer, who longs to be a real actress, but is destined to be regarded as a sex object. Life has a lot to give them, but there are prices for fame and fortune-- addictions to pills, booze, drowned careers, crumbling fortunes, dizzying highs and incredible lows. The three girls go for broke, eaten alive by show business, sex, and drugs, in this trashy, campy exposé of the dark side of stardom.
- Disc 1. Feature film
disc 2. Special features.
- Barbara Parkins, Patty Duke, Paul Burke, Sharon Tate, Tony Scotti, Martin Milner, Charles Drake, Alex Davion, Lee Grant, Naomi Stevens, Robert H. Harris, Jacqueline Sussann, Robert Viharo, Joey Bishop, George Jessel, Susan Hayward.
- Director of photography, William H. Daniels; film editor, Dorothy Spencer; choreography by Robert Sidney; songs "Give a Little More" "It's Impossible" "Come LIve with Me" "I'll Plant My Own Tree" and Theme from "Valley of the Dolls" lyrics by Dory Previn, music by Andre Previn; Dionne Warwick sings the Theme from "Valley of the Dolls"; music adapted and conducted by John Williams.
- Based on The valley of the dolls / by Jacqueline Susann.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1967.
Special features: New 2K digital restoration; Audio commentary from 2006 featuring actor Barbara Parkins and journalist Ted Casablanca; New interviews with writer Amy Fine Collins about author Jacqueline Susann and the costumes in the film; New video essay by critic Kim Morgan; Footage from Sparkle Patty Sparkle!, a 2009 gala tribute to actor Patty Duke at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco; A World Premiere Voyage and Jacqueline Susann and "Valley of the Dolls", two promotional films from 1967; Episode of the television program Hollywood Backstories from 2001 on the film; Screen tests; Trailers. Container booklet includes essay "This Merry-Go-Round" by film critic Glenn Kenny.
- Robson, Mark, 1913-1978, film director.
Weisbart, David, film producer.
Deutsch, Helen, screenwriter.
Kingsley, Dorothy, screenwriter.
Parkins, Barbara, 1942- actor.
Duke, Patty, 1946-2016, actor.
Burke, Paul, 1926-2009, actor.
Tate, Sharon, 1943-1969, actor.
Scotti, Tony, actor.
Milner, Martin, 1931-2015, actor.
Drake, Charles, 1917-1994, actor.
Davion, Alexander, 1929- actor.
Grant, Lee, 1927- actor.
Stevens, Naomi, actor.
Harris, Robert H., 1911-1981, actor.
Susann, Jacqueline, actor.
Viharo, Robert, actor.
Bishop, Joey, actor.
Jessel, George, 1898-1981, actor.
Hayward, Susan, 1917-1975, actor.
Previn, André, 1929-2019, composer (expression)
Daniels, William, 1900-1970, director of photography.
Spencer, Dorothy, 1909-2002, editor of moving image work.
Sidney, Robert, 1909-2008, choreographer.
Previn, Dory, lyricist.
Williams, John, 1932- music adapter, conductor.
Warwick, Dionne, singer.
Red Lion Productions, production company.
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2681DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|