Chris Cran : sincerely yours / Josée Drouin-Brisebois, Ryan Doherty, Bruce McCulloch, Nancy Tousley, William Wood.
- Other Title:
- Sincerely yours
- Ottawa : National Gallery of Canada, 
- Government document
204 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm.
- Cran, Chris, 1949 -- -Exhibitions.
Cran, Chris, 1949-.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- For the last four decades Chris Cran has experimented with traditional genres of painting such as still life and portraiture while challenging preconceived notions of these genres by creating tensions between a wide range of discordant styles notably Op Art, Pop Art, Photo-realism and Modernist Abstraction. He further complicates the experience with trompe l?oeil compositions in which the appearance of an image belies the method of its creation so that works that appear to be photographs, reliefs, or prints have been in fact rendered with paint. Published to document a nationally touring exhibition, this striking monograph provides a comprehensive overview of one of Canada?s most influential artists. Original essays by leading art critics and curators accompany dozens of colour plates featuring Cran?s shimmering, graphically delicate paintings. Enclosed within a translucent slipcase. Exhibition: Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada (19.09.2015-03.01.2016) / National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, Canada (20.05.-05.09.2016).
- Issued also in French under title: Chris Cran, sincèrement vôtre.
Catalog of an exhibition held at Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, September 19, 2015-January 3, 2016 and National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, Canada, May 20-September 5, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Drouin-Brisebois, Josée, 1972- author.
National Gallery of Canada, issuing body, host institution.
Art Gallery of Alberta, host institution.
- Cran, Chris, 1949- Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|