Sarvatobhadradevatāvāhana, circa 1700-1850. = सर्वतोभद्रदेवतावाहन, १७००-१८५०.
- Other Title:
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (3 leaves) : paper ; 10 x 22 cm.
- Idols and images -- India.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript used and consulted by priests on the creation of a mystical diagram (maṇḍala) referred to in this text as Auspiciousness of all sides (sarvatobhadra), in order to draw the essence of a deity into an image, which will serve as the god's vehicle (vāhana) on earth. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v); alternate title Sarvatobhadramaṇḍala supplied by cataloger.
Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
Mistakes; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 4654 (UP 161).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 161.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 161
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|