Walnut Street Theatre. Philadelphia, May 30, 1870. First Night Of the World-Renowned Comedian, Mr. Joseph Jefferson In his Exquisitely Beautiful and Masterly Impersonaiion of Irving's Rip Van Winkle, Received everywhere by Large and Brilliant Audiences, and the most Enthusiastic Applause. Monday Evening, May 30th, 1870, The performance will commence at eight o'clock, with Overture--"Rip Van Winkle," Reviere, After which will be presented Dion Boucicault's Great Drama, entitled Rip Van Winkle Or, The Sleep of Twenty Years. Act First. Rip Van Winkle, Joseph Jefferson ...
- Other Title:
- Rip Van Winkle Or, The Sleep of Twenty Years
Rip Van Winkle
Sleep of Twenty Years
- [Philadelphia] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Print Collection 8 ; v. 11 no. 283.
1 sheet ( page) ; 22.8 x 14 cm
- Walnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Boucicault, Dion, 1820-1890. Rip Van Winkle, or, The sleep of twenty years.
Playbills -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Specimens.
Theaters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Printed area measures 21.5 x 12.8 cm.
Performance date: May 30, 1870.
- Local notes:
- Print Collection 8 copy has Library of the University of Pennsylvania bookplate which reads "The Horace Howard Furness Memorial donated by Horace Howard Furness, Jr. and Louise Brooks Winsor Furness."
Print Collection 8 copy is v. 11 no. 283 in a collection of playbills bound together.
- Penn Provenance:
- Furness, Horace Howard, 1865-1930 (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
Furness, Louise Brooks Winsor (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859.
Jefferson, Joseph, 1829-1905, actor.
Playbill and Program Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Philadelphia Theater Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|