Emerson Bennett's dollar monthly.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Dollar monthly
- [Philadelphia : Published by Bennett and Hamelin, 144 South Third St., 1860] (Philadelphia : T. Sinex Printer, 619 Jayne Street)
1 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1860)-
Ceased with: Dec. 1860.
- Continued By:
- American dollar monthly
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Monthly magazine of literature and fashion edited by Emerson Bennett and John T. Hamelin. Contains short stories, poems, articles, illustrated plates, cartoons, needle and fancy work patterns and regular columns. This volume contains long serialized work "The Mountain Llly; or Adventures in the Wilderness: A companion to Prairie Flower" by Emerson Bennett.
Printed in two columns.
A notice in the number for Dec. 1860 states that the periodical is to be continued as "American dollar monthly."
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy imperfect: p. 3-4, 13-14, 563-564 and 573-576 wanting and replaced with blank leaves; p. 85-86 torn with large portion of page excised.
Culture Class Collection copy has stamp of Edwin F. Roberts, Folcroft.
- Penn Provenance:
- Roberts, Edwin F. (stamp) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Bennett, Emerson, 1822-1905, ed.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|