The trials of Lenny Bruce : the fall and rise of an American icon / Ronald K.L. Collins & David M. Skover.
- Naperville, Ill. : Sourcebooks MediaFusion, ©2002.
x, 562 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm + 1 audio disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Bruce, Lenny -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Trials (Obscenity) -- United States.
Freedom of speech -- United States.
Censorship -- United States.
Freedom of speech.
- Local subjects:
- Bruce, Lenny -- Trials, litigation, etc. (search)
- Trials, litigation, etc.
- System Details:
- System requirements for accompanying CD-ROM: PC with sound card; CD-ROM drive; Real Player software or compatible media player.
- Chronicles the courtroom battles Lenny Bruce engaged in in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York, where he was arrested for his provocative and controversial performances critiquing the hypocrisies of American society.
- Comedy as commentary
The force of an opinion
Free speech in North Beach
Chicago : the Ash Wednesday Trial
What does it mean to be found obscene in New York?
The courtroom of the absurd : New York, part II
Court adjourned : New York, part III
The path to vindication
The resurrection of Lenny Bruce : 1996-1974
Ex officio judgments.
- Audio CD narrated by Nat Hentoff.
- "One-hour CD includes Lenny Bruce's notorious routines and excerpts from Lenny's never-before-released secret trial tapes"--CD jkt.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 523-541) and index.
- Skover, David M., 1951-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|