Osteoporosis in Older Persons [electronic resource] : Advances in Pathophysiology and Therapeutic Approaches / edited by Gustavo Duque, Douglas P. Kiel.
- 2nd ed. 2016.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This second edition brings together the latest information about the pathophysiology and new therapeutic alternatives for osteoporosis of advanced age. Written by highly recognised clinicians and basic scientists in the field of aging bone research, this book includes aspects of muscle and bone interaction focusing on the impact of age-related muscle loss (sarcopenia) on the pathogenesis of falls and fractures in older persons. Osteoporosis in Older Persons- Advances in Pathophysiology and Therapeutic Approach, Second Edition, aids the reader in understanding the mechanisms of senile osteoporosis with a practical approach to the treatment of its consequences. It is the perfect reference guide for geriatricians, gerontologists and bone biologists, as well as medical trainees. .
- 1. Biology of Bone
2. Aging and Bone
3. Calciotropic Hormones
4. The Muscle-Bone Connection
5. Sex Steroids and Aging Bone
6. Animal Models for Senile Osteoporosis
7. Senile Osteoporosis as a Geriatric Syndrome
8. Genetics of Osteoporosis in Older Age
9. Fracture Epidemiology in Individuals 75+
10. Falls as a Geriatric Syndrome: Mechanisms and Risk Identification
11. Medical Treatment of Age Related Osteoporosis
12. Non Pharmacological Treatment and Prevention of Falls and Fractures
13. Fracture Liaison Services
14. Treatment of Osteoporosis in Long-Term Care
15. Fracture Care in the Elderly
16. The Orthogeriatrics Model of Care.
- Duque, Gustavo. editor.
Kiel, Douglas P. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-25976-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|