The problem with me : and other essays about making trouble in China today / Han Han ; edited and translated by Alice Xin Liu and Joel Martinsen.
- Standardized Title:
- Essays. Selections. English
- First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- New York, NY : Simon & Schuster, 2016.
xv, 217 pages ; 21 cm
Wit and humor.
China -- History.
China -- Civilization.
Wit and humor
- Han Han is the most influential (and provocative) young person in China, equally beloved and reviled for the satirical wit with which he takes on everyone from corrupt politicians to ludicrous protesters. In this collection of essays, he tackles everything from Internet culture in a country that censors the Internet to his own escapades driving around with fake police IDs and a megaphone, and from whether China is ready for democracy to going back for one incredibly awkward middle school reunion.
- Growing up. I grew up with blue skies ; Soccer, ah, soccer ; Those people, those things ; The problem with teachers ; The problem with cadres ; The problem with English
In the kart every day. The problem with me ; In the kart every day ; My first time in Shanghai ; SARS and a rally race in Longyou ; Actually, I'm a writer
Literature and the era of microblogs. Why are there still modern poets? ; Poets are desperately not writing poetry ; Modern poets get organized ; Wang Shuo ; There hasn't been any Renaissance ; There will always be a power ; Pennies for the writers ; On Weibo and WeChat ; For every self
I still want to be a stinking public intellectual. I still want to be a stinking public intellectual ; Officials and me ; An American soap opera in Chongqing ; Some people should get the vote first ; A rumor that's lasted for many years ; Slaughter the public ; Remembering a time when I was powerless ; Let me take you for a U-turn on Chang'an Avenue ; Chess pieces that deserted the board ; A VIP's trip to Thailand ; The Pacific wind. Life as I know it. Life as I know it ; Fatherhood ; I can't and I don't ; Children's Day ; The new masters have arrived ; Chunping, I did it ; Remembering Xu Lang ; School reunions.
- Translated from the Chinese.
- Liu, Alice Xin, editor, translator.
Martinsen, Joel, editor, translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|