Ye that are men now serve him : radical holiness theology and gender in the South / Colin B. Chapell.
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, 2016.
- Religion and American culture (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
Religion and American culture
xii, 219 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Southern States -- Church history -- 19th century.
Southern States -- Church history -- 20th century.
Sex role -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- 19th century.
Sex role -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- 20th century.
Holiness movement -- Southern States.
Baptists -- Southern States -- History.
Methodist Church -- Southern States -- History.
Evangelicalism -- United States.
Sex role -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Church history.
- Establishing the standards of evangelical identity
Baptists and Methodists in the new South
Faithful Baptist families and women
Masterful manhood in the Southern Baptist Convention
The manly soldiers of Methodism
Methodist women as home missionaries
Radical theology and radical identity
Consecrated regardless of sex
Perfect masculine love.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Electronic version: Chapell, Colin B., 1982- Ye that are men now serve him.
9780817390075 (e book)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|