From empire to exile : history and memory within the pied-noir and harki communities, 1962-2012 / Claire Eldridge.
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2016.
- Studies in modern French history.
Studies in modern French history
xiv, 337 pages : maps ; 22 cm.
- Algerians -- France -- History -- 20th century.
Harkis -- France -- History -- 20th century.
Algeria -- History -- Revolution, 1954-1962.
- Exploring the memory of the war of independence in France as viewed by the former European settlers (pieds-noirs) and the harkis, those Algerians who worked for the French security forces, this title examines how the memorial dynamics of the two groups are related both to each other and to other memories of the war.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 308-325), filmography, and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|