The Hebrew Bible / edited by Armin Lange and Emanuel Tov.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2016-
- Textual history of the Bible ; v. 1.
Textual history of the Bible ; volume 1
volumes ; 27 cm.
- Bible. Old Testament. -- Criticism, Textual.
Bible. Old Testament..
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- The 'Textual History of the Bible (THB)' brings together all available information regarding the manuscripts, textual history and character of each book of the Hebrew Bible and its translations as well as the deuterocanonical scriptures. In addition, THB covers the history of research, the editorial history of the Hebrew Bible, as well as other aspects of text-critical research and its subsidiary fields, such as papyrology, codicology, and the related discipline of linguistics. The THB will consist of 4 volumes. Volume 1C provides detailed entries on the on the different primary translations (Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Latin) and uniquely the secondary translations as well (Latin, Coptic, Ethiopic, Syriac, Armenian, Georgian, Christian Palestinian Aramaic, Old Slavonic, and Arabic) most of which were sourced from the Greek. The THB 1 print volumes will comprise a total of 353 articles, approximately 2,000 pages, presented in three volumes. For each textual version 15 area editors, who are highly recognized specialists in their field, have invited contributions from 120 authors.
- Vol. 1A. Overview articles
v. 1B. Pentateuch, Former and Latter Prophets
v. 1C. Writings.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Christine Hikawa Fund.
- Lange, Armin, 1961- editor.
Tov, Emanuel editor.
Christine Hikawa Fund.
9004231811 (v. 1A ;
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|