Gu ling jie shao nian sha ren shi jian = A brighter summer day / Yang Dechang dian ying zhi zuo ; Zhan Hongzhi, Yu Weiyan, Yang Dechang ; bian ju, Yang Dechang, Yan Hongya, Yang Shunqing, Lai Mingtang ; dao yan, Yang Dechang = Janus Films ; a film by Edward Yang ; produced by Yu Wei-Yen, Jan Hung-Tze, and Edward Yang ; script and dialogue by Edward Yang, Yan Hong-Ya, Alex Yang, Lai Ming-Tang ; directed by Edward Yang.
- Other Title:
- Brighter summer day
- DVD edition.
- [New York, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 804.
The Criterion collection ; 804
3 videodiscs (236 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert.
4 3/4 in.
- Teenagers -- Taiwan -- Drama.
Gangs -- Taiwan -- Drama.
Crime -- Taiwan -- Drama.
Nineteen sixties -- Drama.
- Crime films.
Motion pictures, Taiwanese.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In Mandarin and Taiwanese; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- Set in the early sixties in Taiwan, it is based on the true story of a crime that rocked the nation. A film of both sprawling scope and tender intimacy, this novelistic, patiently observed epic centers on the gradual, inexorable fall of a young teenager.
- Yang Jingyi, Zhang Zhen, Zhang Guozhu, Jin Yanling, Wang Juan, Zhang Han, Ke Yulun, Wang Baisen.
楊靜怡, 張震, 張國柱, 金燕玲, 王娟, 張翰, 柯宇綸, 王柏森.
- Cinematography, Zhang Huigong, Li Longyu; editor, Chen Bowen; musical director, Zhan Hongda.
攝影, 張惠恭, 李龍禹; 剪輯, 陳博文; 音樂指導, 詹宏達.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1991.
Special features: Disc 1: Commentary (features film critic Tony Rayns); Chang Chen (new interview where the actor discusees his breakthrough debut). Disc 2: Commentary (features film critic Tony Rayns); Likely consequence (recording of a play cowritten and directed by Edward Yang in Taipei in 1992). Disc 3: Bai ge ji hua = Our time, our story (117 min. 2002 documentary by Hsiao Chu-chen looks at the groundbreaking New Taiwan Cinema movement of the 1980s and '90s, and features interviews with filmmakers Hou Hsiao-hsien, Sylvia Chang, and Tsai Ming-liang, among others). Insert features an essay by critic Godfrey Cheshire and a 1991 director's statement by Yang.
- Yang, Dechang, 1947-2007, screenwriter, film producer, film director.
Zhan, Hongzhi, film producer.
Yu, Wei Yan, film producer.
Hong, Hong, 1964- screenwriter.
Yang, Shunqing, 1965- screenwriter.
Lai, Ming-Tang, screenwriter.
Yang, Lisa, actor.
Zhang, Zhen, 1976 October 14- actor.
Zhang, Guozhu, 1937- actor.
Jin, Yanling, actor.
Wang, Juan, 1963 August 6- actor.
Zhang, Han, 1974- actor.
Ke, Yulun, 1977- actor.
Wang, Bosen, actor.
Zhang, Huigong, director of photography.
Li, Longyu, director of photography.
Chen, Bowen, 1953- editor of moving image work.
Rayns, Tony, commentator.
Xiao, Juzhen, 1972- film director.
Hou, Xiaoxian, 1947- interviewee (expression)
Zhang, Aijia, 1953- interviewee (expression)
Cai, Mingliang, 1957- interviewee (expression)
Cheshire, Godfrey, writer of supplementary textual content.
Janus Films, film distributor.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
Zhang, Guozhu, 1937-
王娟, 1963 August 6- actor.
張翰, 1974- actor.
Ke, Yulun, 1977-
張惠恭, director of photography.
Chen, Bowen, 1953-
Xiao, Juzhen, 1972-
侯孝賢, 1947- interviewee (expression)
张艾嘉, 1953- interviewee (expression)
Cai, Mingliang, 1957-
- Container of: Bai ge ji hua (Motion picture)
Container of: Likely consequence.
Our time, our story.
- Publisher Number:
CC2597DDVD The Criterion Collection
CC2597D The Criterion Collection (container)
CC2597D-1 The Criterion Collection (disc 1)
CC2597D-2 The Criterion Collection (disc 2)
CC2597D-3 The Criterion Collection (disc 3)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|