In a lonely place / Columbia Pictures Corporation presents ; screen play by Andrew Solt ; adaptation by Edmund H. North ; a Santana production ; produced by Robert Lord ; directed by Nicholas Ray.
- DVD special edition.
- [New York, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 810.
Criterion collection ; 810
1 videodisc (93 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert ( pages : illustrations ; 19 cm.)
4 3/4 in. stamping
- Suspicion -- Drama.
Screenwriters -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Murder -- Investigation -- Drama.
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Drama.
- Detective and mystery films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; fullscreen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- A down on his luck screenwriter reluctantly agrees to adapt a trashy bestseller to the silver screen. Rather than read the book himself, Steele convinces a star-struck hatcheck girl, Mildred Atkinson, to accompany him home and tell him the story in her own words. Later the night, Mildred is found murdered and Steele, who has a history of violent behavior, becomes the prime suspect. A neighbor who is attracted to him lies to the police providing him with an alibi. Is he innocent or not?
- Humphrey Bogart, Gloria Grahame, Frank Lovejoy, Carl Benton Reid, Art Smith, Jeff Donnell, Martha Stewart, Robert Warwick, Morris Ankrum, William Ching, Steven Geray, Hadda Brooks.
- Director of photography, Burnett Guffey; art director, Robert Peterson; film editor, Viola Lawrence; set decorator, William Kiernan; gowns by Jean Louis; musical score, George Antheil; musical director, Morris Stoloff.
- Based on In a lonely place / by Dorothy B. Hughes.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1950.
Special features: (DVD) Commentary featuring film scholar Dana Polan; "I'm a stranger here myself" 1975 documentary about director Nicholas Ray; "Gloria Grahame" interview with Vincent Curio about actress Gloria Grahame; "In a Lonely Place: revisited" piece from 2002 featuring filmmaker Curtis Hanson; "Suspense, episode 287" radio adaptation from 1948; Trailer. (Insert) Essay "An epitaph for love" by film critic Imogen Sara Smith.
- Ray, Nicholas, 1911-1979, film director.
Lord, Robert, 1900-1976, film producer.
Solt, Andrew, 1916-1990, screenwriter.
North, Edmund H., 1911-1990, screenwriter.
Guffey, Burnett, director of photography.
Antheil, George, 1900-1959, composer (expression)
Stoloff, Morris, 1898-1980, musical director.
Lawrence, Viola, 1894-1973, editor of moving image work.
Peterson, Robert, 1909-1979, art director.
Kiernan, William, set decorator.
Louis, Jean, 1907-1997, costume designer.
Bogart, Humphrey, 1899-1957, actor.
Grahame, Gloria, actor.
Lovejoy, Frank, 1914-1962, actor.
Reid, Carl Benton, 1893-1973, actor.
Smith, Art, 1899-1973, actor.
Donnell, Jeff, 1921-1988, actor.
Stewart, Martha, 1922-2012, actor.
Warwick, Robert, 1878-1964, actor.
Ankrum, Morris, 1897-1964, actor.
Ching, William, 1913-1989, actor.
Geray, Steven, 1904-1973, actor.
Brooks, Hadda, actor.
Polan, Dana B., 1953- commentator.
Smith, Imogen Sara, writer of supplementary textual content.
Columbia Pictures Corporation, production company.
Santana Pictures Corporation, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2620DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|