Dr. Strangelove : or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb / Columbia Pictures Corporation presents a Stanley Kubrick production ; screenplay by Stanley Kubrick, Terry Southern & Peter George ; directed and produced by Stanley Kubrick.
- Other Title:
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
Title on disc one label: Hi there!
Title on disc two label: Dear John
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 821.
The Criterion collection ; 821
2 videodiscs (95 min.) : sound, black & white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (20 pages : illustrations, some color ; 16 cm.) + 2 sheets (4 pages ; 23 cm.) + 1 miniature booklet (5 cm.)
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Nuclear warfare -- Prevention -- Drama.
Cold War -- Drama.
Military maneuvers -- United States -- Drama.
United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union -- Drama.
Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States -- Drama.
George, Peter, 1924-1966 -- Film adaptations.
- Dark comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.66:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
digital optical surround Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- In this dark comedy, chaos erupts when a general orders an attack on the Russians, which subsequently will trigger the Russian "Doomsday Device." The President, his aides and the Pentagon struggle to find a way to stop the impending doom.
- disc one. Hi there! [feature film]
disc two. Dear John [special features].
- Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens, Peter Bull, Tracy Reed, James Earl Jones, Jack Creley, Frank Berry, Glen Beck, Shane Rimmer, Paul Tamarin, Gordon Tanner, Robert O'Neil, Roy Stevens, Hal Galili, Laurence Herder, John McCarthy.
- Director of photography, Gilbert Taylor; film editor, Anthony Harvey; music, Laurie Johnson; art director, Peter Murton; wardrobe, Bridget Sellers; production designer, Ken Adams.
- Title from title frame.
Based on Red Alert / by Peter George.
Special features (disc one): Restored 4K Digital transfer; alternate 5.1 surround soundtrack; new interviews with Stanley Kubrick scholars Mick Broderick and Rodney Hill, archivist Richard Daniels, cinematographer and camera innovator Joe Dunton, camera operator Kelvin Pike, and David George, son of Peter George, on whose novel, Red Alert, the film is based; (disc two): excerpts from a 1966 audio interview with Kubrick, conducted by physicist and author Jeremy Bernstein; four short documentaries, about the making of the film, the socio political climate of the period, the work of actor Peter Sellers, and the artistry of Kubrick; Interviews from 1963 with Sellers and actor George C. Scott; excerpt from a 1980 interview with Sellers from NBC's Today Show; trailers. Accompanying print material includes an essay, "The Darkest Room," by scholar David Bromwich; and a 1994 article by screenwriter Terry Southern on the making of the film.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1964.
Nominee: Best Actor in a Leading Role (Peter Sellers); Best Director (Stanley Kubrick); Best Picture (Stanley Kubrick); Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium (Stanley Kubrick, Peter George, Terry Southern), 1965 Academy Awards (U.S.).
Named to the National Film Registry in 1989 by the Library of Congress.
- Kubrick, Stanley, screenwriter, film producer, film director.
Southern, Terry, screenwriter.
George, Peter, 1924-1966, screenwriter.
Taylor, Gilbert, director of photography.
Johnson, Laurie, 1927- composer (expression)
Harvey, Anthony, 1930-2017, editor of moving image work.
Adam, Ken, 1921-2016, production designer.
Murton, Peter, art director.
Sellers, Bridget, costume designer.
Sellers, Peter, 1925-1980, actor.
Scott, George C., 1927-1999, actor.
Hayden, Sterling, 1916-1986, actor.
Wynn, Keenan, 1916-1986, actor.
Pickens, Slim, actor.
Bull, Peter, 1912-1984, actor.
Reed, Tracy, actor.
Jones, James Earl, actor.
Creley, Jack, 1926-2004, actor.
Berry, Frank (Actor) actor
Beck, Glenn, 1935- actor.
Rimmer, Shane, actor.
Tamarin, Paul, actor.
Tanner, Gordon, 1918-1983, actor
O'Neil, Robert, (Actor), actor
Stevens, Roy, (Actor), actor
Galili, Hal, actor
Herder, Laurence, actor
McCarthy, John, (Actor), actor
Columbia Pictures Corporation, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
- Container of: Dr. Strangelove (Motion picture)
- Publisher Number:
CC2640D The Criterion Collection (set)
CC2640D-1 The Criterion Collection (disc 1)
CC2640D-2 The Criterion Collection (disc 2)
CC2640DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|