McCabe & Mrs. Miller / WB, A Kinney Leisure Service, presents ; the Robert Altman & David Foster production ; screenplay by Robert Altman and Brian McKay ; produced by David Foster and Mitchell Brower ; directed by Robert Altman.
- Other Title:
- McCabe and Mrs. Miller
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [New York, NY] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 827.
The Criterion collection ; 827
2 videodiscs (121 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert.
4 3/4 in.
- Gamblers -- Drama.
Mining camps -- Northwest, Pacific -- Drama.
Brothels -- Northwest, Pacific -- Drama.
Naughton, Edmund -- Film adaptations.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital monaural.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- An enterprising gambler and a bordello madam, both newcomers to the raw Pacific Northwest mining town of Presbyterian Church, join forces to provide the miners with a superior kind of whorehouse experience. The appearance of representatives of a powerful mining company with interests of its own, however, threatens to be the undoing of their plans.
- Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, Rene Auberjonois.
- Cinematography, Vilmos Zsigmond; editor, Louis Lombardo; songs, Leonard Cohen.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1971.
Based on McCabe / by Edmund Naughton.
Title from web page.
Special features: audio commentary from 2002 featuring director Robert Altman and producer David Foster; new documentary on the making of the film, featuring actors René Auberjonois, Keith Carradine, and Michael Murphy, casting director Graeme Clifford, and script supervisor Joan Tewkesbury; new conversation about the film and Altman's career between film historians Cari Beauchamp and Rick Jewell; featurette from the film's production, shot on location in 1970; Q&A from 1999 with production designer Leon Ericksen, hosted by the Art Directors Guild Film Society; archival footage from interviews with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond, in which he discusses his work on the film; gallery of stills from the set by photographer Steve Schapiro; excerpts from two 1971 episodes of "The Dick Cavett Show" featuring Altman and film critic Pauline Kael; original theatrical trailer; plus: an essay by film critic Nathaniel Rich.
- Altman, Robert, 1925-2006, film director, film producer, screenwriter.
McKay, Brian, screenwriter.
Foster, David, 1929- film producer.
Brower, Mitchell, film producer.
Beatty, Warren, 1937- actor.
Christie, Julie, 1941- actor.
Auberjonois, René, 1940- actor.
Cohen, Leonard, composer (expression), performer.
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ), film production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Motion picture adaptation of: Naughton, Edmund. McCabe.
- Publisher Number:
CC2660DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|