Israel and Palestine : alternative perspectives on statehood / edited by John Ehrenberg and Yoav Peled.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
x, 386 pages : maps ; 24 cm
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- 1993- -- Peace.
Israel -- Politics and government -- 1993-
Palestinian Arabs -- Politics and government -- 1993-
Arab-Israeli conflict -- Peace.
Palestinian Arabs -- Politics and government.
Politics and government.
- This book is designed to introduce American readers to the terms of the discussion of a two-state solution. It features essays by well-known Israeli academics, both Jewish and Palestinian, as well as contributions from non-Israeli citizen Palestinian, and American scholars. It is the first to bring together a wide-range of views and perspectives by influential scholars from various disciplines as well as from activists to bear on a very topical subject with international ramifications.
Facing the music : Israel, Palestine, and the politics of partisan delusions / Stephen Eric Bronner
Sense of the Nakba : Ari Shavit, Baruch and Zionist claims to territory / Ian S. Lustick
Israel and the closing of the American Jewish mind / Richard Silverstein
The root causes of enduring conflict : can Israel and Palestine co-exist? / Jeffry Frieden
Reclaiming human rights : alternative paths to an Israeli/Palestinian peace / Micheline Ishay and David Kretzmer
Not exactly apartheid : between settler colonialism and military occupation / Honaida Ghanim
The one-state delusion / Assaf Sharon
To what extent reconciliation? An analysis of the Geneva accord between Israelis and Palestinians / Yoav Kapshuk
One homeland, two states : planning alternative spatial relations between Palestine and Israel / Rassem Khamaisi
The one-state alternative
The way forward in the Middle East / Horit Herman Peled
The one-state solution and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict : Palestinian challenges and pro-spects / Leila Farsakh
A one-state solution? From a "struggle unto death" to "master-slave" dialectics / Raif Zreik
Past and present perfect of Israel's one-state solution / Moshe Behar
Towards a shared vision of Israel and Israel/Palestine / Oren Barak
Neither one nor two : reflections about a shared future in Israel-Palestine / Lev Luis Grinberg
Between one and two : apartheid or confederation for Israel/Palestine? / Oren Yiftahel
Beyond traditional sovereignty theory in conflict resolution : lessons from Israel/Palestine / Amal Jamal
Conclusion : out of the darkness / John Ehrenberg.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ehrenberg, John, 1944- editor.
Peled, Yoav, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Ehrenberg, John, 1944- author. Israel and Palestine
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|