Punch-drunk love / written & directed by Paul Thomas Anderson ; produced by Joanne Sellar, Daniel Lupi, Paul Thomas Anderson ; Revolution Studios, New Line Cinema present a Joanne Sellar, Ghoulardi Film Company production ; a P.T. Anderson picture.
- Director-approved two-disc special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 843.
The Criterion collection ; 843
2 videodiscs (95 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Telephone sex -- Drama.
Sisters -- Drama.
Extortion -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (2.39:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- Struggling to cope with his erratic temper, novelty toilet plunger salesman Barry Egan spends his days collecting frequent-flyer-mile coupons and dodging the insults of his seven sisters. The promise of a new life emerges when Barry inadvertently attracts the affections of a mysterious woman named Lena. But their budding relationship is threatened when he falls prey to the swindling operator of a phone sex line and her deranged boss.
- disc 1. [Feature film]
disc 2. [Special features].
- Adam Sandler, Emily Watson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Luis Guzmán, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Ashley Clark, Robert Smigel.
- Director of photography, Robert Elswit; production designer, William Arnold; music, Jon Brion; editor, Leslie Jones; costume designer, Mark Bridges; artwork, Jeremy Blake.
- Title from screen.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2002.
2.39:1 aspect ratio.
Restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by director Paul Thomas Anderson.
Special features on disc one: trailers ; deleted scenes -- on disc two: Blossoms & Blood (a short 2002 piece by Anderson featuring Adam Sandler and Emily Watson, along with music by Jon Brion) ; new interview with Brion ; new piece featuring behind-the-scenes footage of a recording session for the film's soundtrack ; new conversation between curators Michael Connor and Lia Gangitano about the art of Jeremy Blake, used in the film ; additional artwork by Blake ; Cannes Film Festival press conference from 2002 ; NBC News interview from 2000 with David Phillips, the "pudding guy" ; Twelve Scopitones ; Mattress Man commercial -- on folded insert: an essay by filmmaker, author, and artist Miranda July.
- Anderson, Paul Thomas, film director, film producer, screenwriter.
Sellar, Joanne, film producer.
Lupi, Daniel, film producer.
Elswit, Robert, 1950- director of photography.
Brion, Jon, composer (expression)
Jones, Leslie (Motion picture editor), editor of moving image work.
Arnold, William (William David), production designer.
Bridges, Mark (Costume designer), costume designer.
Sandler, Adam, actor.
Watson, Emily, 1967- actor.
Hoffman, Philip Seymour, 1967-2014, actor.
Guzmán, Luis, 1956- actor.
Rajskub, Mary Lynn, 1971- actor.
Clark, Ashley, actor.
Smigel, Robert, 1960- actor.
Revolution Studios, presenter, production company.
New Line Cinema Corporation, presenter, production company.
Ghoulardi Film Company, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC2699D The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|