The Accademia Pontaniana : a model of a humanist network / by Shulamit Furstenberg-Levi.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Brill's studies in intellectual history ; v. 258.
Brill's studies in intellectual history, 0920-8607 ; volume 258
viii, 223 pages ; 25 cm.
- Pontano, Giovanni Gioviano, 1429-1503 -- Influence.
Accademia Pontaniana (1458)
Humanism -- Italy -- History -- To 1500.
Social networks -- Italy -- History -- To 1500.
Humanists -- Italy -- Biography.
Intellectuals -- Italy -- Biography.
Italy -- Intellectual life -- 1268-1559.
Naples (Italy) -- Intellectual life.
Italy, Southern -- Intellectual life.
Renaissance -- Italy.
- "The Accademia Pontaniana : A Model of a Humanist Network is an exploration of the vast intellectual networks which developed around the fifteenth century humanist Pontano. It includes the densely knit network which emerged in Naples, the Accademia Pontaniana, as well as the loosely knit networks which developed between the members of this academy and other humanists and academies outside of Naples. Shulamit Furstenberg-Levi points to the links between the Accademia Pontaniana and other sodalities in Southern Italy, and to the lineage between fifteenth century informal academies and sixteenth century institutional Academies. In this study recent sociological theory is applied to understand Renaissance academies and the vertical and horizontal links between them"--Provided by publisher.
- "Il Gran Pontano" : a portrait gallery
The group : the Accademia Pontaniana : members, space, time and ceremony
Networks : horizontal and vertical links with Rome and Florence
The memory of Pontano's academy in Naples and Southern Italy
Epilogue: The humanist fabric
Appendix 1: Augustino Nipho Medice Philosophorum Primario Hieronymus Carbo
Appendix 2: Glossary of humanists mentioned in the book.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Furstenberg-Levi, Shulamit, author. Accademia Pontaniana.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|