Sports law / Matthew J. Mitten, Professor of Law and Director, National Sports Law Institute Marquette University Law School; Timothy Davis, John W. & Ruth H. Turnage Professor of Law Wake Forest University School of Law; Rodney K. Smith, Professor of Law and Director, Center for Sports Law and Policy Thomas Jefferson School of Law; Kenneth L. Shropshire, David W. Hauck Professor Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania; Barbara Osborne, Associate Professor University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill;.
- Second edition.
- New York Wolters Kluwer, . , ©2016.
- Aspen college series
xxviii, 512 pages ; 26cm.
- Sports -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Sports -- Law and legislation.
- Casebooks (Law)
- The authors of the leading sports law casebook joined with two of the leaders in the sports law field to develop a problem-based sports law and governance text for undergraduate and graduate students. Sports Law: Governance and Regulation, Second Edition is presented in the traditional law school case method style, with a unique focus on how those regulatory and governance materials can be used to solve problems in sports, from issues like "Deflategate" to the future of big-time intercollegiate athletics. Whether students are interested in careers in professional or amateur sports law, they will acquire foundational knowledge that will help them identify legal issues, minimize risk, and become a generation of problem solvers within the sports industry. Contracts, torts, agency, labor/employment, antitrust, and intellectual property law are all addressed, as well as health and safety issues and high school, college, and international/Olympic/regulatory concerns. In a world where sports has proven to be a leader, the book also addresses racial and gender equity issues in depth.
- An introduction to the study of sports law
Regulating interscholastic (high school) and youth athletics
NCAA internal governance of intercollegiate athletics and legal limits
Legal relationships between the university and student-athletes
Gender equity issues in athletics
Racial equity issues in athletics
Health, safety, and risk management issues in sports
Sports medicine, concussions, compensation, and impairment in sports
Intellectual property issues in sports
Coaches' contracts and related issues
Professional sports league governance and legal regulation
Professional sports labor law and labor relations
Representing players and teams : the athletic-agent industry
Olympic and international sports issues.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Davis, Timothy, 1954- author.
Smith, Rodney K., author.
Shropshire, Kenneth L., author.
Osborne, Barbara, author.
- Other Edition:
- Abridgement of: . 9781454810728. Mitten, Matthew J., 1959- . New York : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2013.
Revision of: . 9780735508644. New York : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2013.
- 9781454869788 (alk. paper)
145486978X (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|