Women's movements in post-"Arab Spring" North Africa / edited by Fatima Sadiqi.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Comparative feminist studies series.
Comparative feminist studies series
xii, 325 pages ; 24 cm
- Feminism -- Africa, North.
Women -- Africa, North -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
Women -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Africa, North.
Women -- Legal status, laws, etc.
Women -- Social conditions.
- "Centering on women's movements before, during, and after the revolutions that started in 2010, Women's Movements in Post-"Arab Spring" North Africa highlights the broader sources of authority that affected the emergence of new feminist actors and agents and their impact on the sociopolitical landscapes of the region"--Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: the centrality of women's movements in the post-revolution dynamics in North Africa / by Fatima Sadiqi
Part One: Contextualizing women's movements in North Africa: conceptual issues
The center: a post-revolution space for women's movements in North Africa: Morocco as an example / by Fatima Sadiqi
Women and the Arab spring: a transnational, feminist revolution / by miriam cooke
Creative disobedience: feminism, Islam, and revolution in Egypt / by Margot Badran
Gendering the Egyptian revolution / by Dina Wahba
The lipstick on the edge of the well: Mauritanian women and political power (1960-2014) / by Céline Lesourd
Part Two: Specific country experiences
About North African women's rights after the Arab spring / by Moha Ennaji
Women's rights and equality: Egyptian constitutional law / by Ellen McLearney
The struggle of Egyptian women for equal rights continues: two steps forward, one step backward / by Moushira Khattab
Women, art, and revolution in the streets of Egypt / by Nevine El Nossery
Notes on Sudanese women's activism, movements, and leadership / by Sondra Hale
Revolutionary nuns or totalitarian pawns: evaluating Libyan state feminism after Muʼammar al-Gaddafi / by Amanda Rogers
Tunisian women's literature and the critique of authority: sources, contexts, and the Tunisian "Arab Spring" / by Lilia Labidi
Engendering Tunisia's democratic transition: what challenges face women? / by Nabila Hamza
Women and leadership in the post-Arab Spring: the case of Tunisia / by Khadija Arfaoui
The Algerian woman issue: struggles, Islamic violence, and co-optation / by Rachid Tlemçani
Moroccan women in limbo: on liminal citizenship and the quest for equality / by Soumia Boutkhil
Moroccan women's cultural rights: a psycho-social perspective on cultural paradoxes / by Rachida Kerkech
Women's economic empowerment in Morocco: the case of social entrepreneurship / by Manal Elattir, Yamina El Kirat El Allame and Youness Tihm
Reflections on the 20-February movement: hope renewed, hope frustrated for women / by Abdellatif Zaki.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sadiqi, Fatima, editor.
- 9781137520470 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1137520477 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|