Jāgādīśīṭīkā, circa 1700-1850. = जागदीशीटीका, १७००-१८५०.
- Other Title:
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (56 leaves) : paper ; 11 x 30 cm.
- Jagadīśatarkālaṅkāra. Jāgadīśī.
Logic -- India.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript used for consultation and study and is a philosophical commentary (ṭīkā) on the Jāgadīśī by the same author and a treatise on Indian logic (nyāya), one of the six branches of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Tattvacintāmaṇidīdhitivyākhyā supplied by cataloger.
Written in 7-12 lines per leaf.
56 leaves foliated 1-56, upper left and lower right verso.
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3779 (UP 2147).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2147.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2147
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|