Climate change [electronic resource] : agencies should develop guidance for addressing the effects on federal land and water resources : report to Congressional requesters.
- Other Title:
- Agencies should develop guidance for addressing the effects on federal land and water resources
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Govt. Accountability Office, 
- Government document
1 online resource (ii, 179 p. :) illustrations, maps, digital, PDF file.
- United States. Environmental Protection Agency -- Rules and practice.
Climatic changes -- Environmental aspects -- United States.
Climatic changes -- Economic aspects -- United States.
Administrative agencies -- United States -- Rules and practice.
- According to experts at the GAO workshop, federal land and water resources are vulnerable to a wide range of effects from climate change, some of which are already occurring. These effects include ... 1. physical effects such as droughts, floods, glacial melting, and sea level rise; 2. biological effects, such as increases in insect and disease infestations, shifts in species distribution, and changes in the timing of natural events; and 3. economic and social effects, such as adverse impacts on tourism, infrastructure, fishing, and other resources uses. Experts also identified several challenges that resource managers face in addressing the observed and potential effects of climate change in their management and planning efforts. In particular, BLM, FS, FWS, NOAA, and NPS have not made climate change a priority and the agencies' strategic plans do not specifically address climate change.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2004. digital, PDF file. ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Other format:
- Print version: United States. Government Accountability Office. Climate change
Microfiche version: United States. Government Accountability Office. Climate change. CIS 2007 J942-321
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|