Levitated mass / Electric City Entertainment presents a film by Doug Pray ; produced by Jamie Patricof, Lynette Howell ; directed & edited by Doug Pray.
- [New York, New York] : First Run Features,  , ©2014
1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, color and black & white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Heizer, Michael, 1944- Levitated mass.
Large-scale sculpture -- California -- Los Angeles.
Earthworks (Art) -- California -- Los Angeles.
Conceptual art -- California -- Los Angeles.
Installations (Art) -- California -- Los Angeles.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Heizer, Michael, 1944-
- Documentary films.
- In English with some English-subtitled French; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1; stereo.
digital optical surround
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 1
- Follows the story of the artwork Levitated Mass, a two-story tall, 340-ton, granite boulder that was moved from a quarry in Riverside to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and mounted atop the walls of a gigantic slot in the earth. Weaves together the dramatic story of the reclusive artist, Michael Heizer, the ambitions of a major metropolitan museum, and the public's wild reactions to this massive display of modern yet eerily timeless conceptual art.
- Cinematography, Chris Chomyn, Edwin Stevens, Doug Pray ; music, Akron/Family.
- Title from container.
Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2013.
Special features: short films (The rig; The public response; The artwork); about Michael Heizer; about LACMA; about the filmmakers.
- Pray, Doug, film director.
Patricof, Jamie, film producer.
Howell, Lynette, 1979- film producer.
Electric City Entertainment (Firm), production company.
First-Run Features (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
FRF 916318D First Run Features
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|