Shelter Blues [electronic resource] : Sanity and Selfhood Among the Homeless / Robert R. Desjarlais.
- Other Title:
- De Gruyter Online.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : University of Pennsylvania Press, .
- Contemporary Ethnography.
1 online resource (320 pages) : illustrations.
- Homeless persons -- Mental health -- United States.
Homeless persons -- Mental health.
Homeless persons -- Services for -- United States.
Homeless persons -- Services for.
Homeless persons -- United States.
Homelessness -- Psychological aspects.
- In English.
- Robert Desjarlais teaches anthropology at Sarah Lawrence College and is the author of Body and Emotion: The Aesthetics of Illness and Healing in the Nepal Himalayas, also published by Penn.
- "Beautifully crafted, powerfully illustrated with conversation, theoretically important, and almost unique as an ethnography."-Arthur Kleinman, Harvard University.
"Beauty and the Street"
Alice Weldman's Concerns
A Critical Phenomenology
Questions 01 Shelter
"A Crazy Place to Put Crazy People"
The Sea of Tranquility
Framing the Homeless
Roots to Earth
On the Basketball Court
Smoking and Eating and Talking
Displacement and Obscurity
A Physics of Homelessness
Holding It Together
Secondness to Firstness
Pacing My Mind
The Give and Take
"Who?-What's Your Name?"
"We're Losing Him, Sam"
Tactics, Questions, Rhetoric
Epistemologies of the Real
The Office of Reason
Figure, Character, Person
How to Do Things with Feeling
Architectures of Sense
Bodies with Organs
With Your Head Tilted to the Side
Pacing the Labyrinth
Appendix: List of Shelter Residents
- 7 illustrations.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed October 27 2015)
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.9783/9780812206432 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|