Miles of smiles, years of struggle / Columbia Historical Society in cooperation with the Smithsonian Institution, Office of Folklore Programs ; produced and directed by Jack Santino and Paul Wagner.
- San Francisco, CA : California Newsreel, 1983.
1 videocassette (58 min.) : sound, color and black & white ; 1/2 in.
- Labor unions -- United States -- African American membership -- History.
Discrimination in employment -- United States -- History.
Race discrimination -- United States -- History.
Civil rights -- United States -- History.
Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters -- History.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- VHS, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1).
- Discusses the struggle of Black Pullman porters to unionize, even though rebuked by white organized labor, and the eventual formation of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters under A. Philip Randolph. Explores the impact of this group on the American civil rights movement.
- Narrator, Rosina Tucker.
- Videocassette release of the documentary motion picture produced in 1982.
- Santino, Jack, film director, film producer.
Wagner, Paul, 1948- film director, film producer.
Tucker, Rosina Corrothers, narrator.
Columbia Historical Society (Washington, D.C.), film production company.
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Folklife Programs, film production company.
California Newsreel (Firm), publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|