The Sports Franchise Game [electronic resource] : Cities in Pursuit of Sports Franchises, Events, Stadiums, and Arenas / Kenneth L. Shropshire.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- De Gruyter Online.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : University of Pennsylvania Press, 
1 online resource (120p.) : illustrations.
- Cities and towns -- United States -- Social conditions.
Sports franchises -- Economic aspects -- United States.
Sports franchises -- Social aspects -- United States.
Sports franchises -- United States.
- In English.
- Kenneth L. Shropshire is David Hauck Professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Wharton Sports Business Initiative. He is the author of The Business of Sports Agents, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Kenneth Shropshire describes the franchise warfare that pits city against city in the bidding competition to capture a major league team, using interviews with major players to present an insider's perspective on the business side of professional sports.
Chapter 1. The Sports Franchise Game
Chapter 2. Impact Studies and Other Quantitative Analyses: Inconclusive Conclusions
Chapter 3. The Philadelphia volume Camden Story
Chapter 4. Shifts in the Bay Area, Part 1: San Francisco
Chapter 5. Shifts in the Bay Area, Part Z: Oakland
Chapter 6. The Field-of-Dreams Approach: Baltimore and Indianapolis
Chapter 7. Washington, D.C.: Longing for the Senators
Chapter 8. Putting the Pursuit into Perspective: The Value of Sports
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed March 24, 2015)
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.9783/9780812209150 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|