Madison Avenue and the Color Line [electronic resource] : African Americans in the Advertising Industry / Jason Chambers.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- De Gruyter Online.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : University of Pennsylvania Press, 
1 online resource (328 pages) : illustrations.
- Advertising -- United States -- History.
African American consumers.
African Americans and mass media.
African Americans in advertising.
HISTORY -- United States -- 20th century.
- In English.
- Jason Chambers Associate Professor of Advertising at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Until now, most works on the history of African Americans in advertising have focused on the depiction of blacks in advertisements. Madison Avenue and the Color Line breaks new ground by examining the history of black advertising agency employees and agency owners.
Chapter 1. The Rise of Black Consumer Marketing
Chapter 2. The Jackie Robinsons of Advertising and Selling
Chapter 3. Civil Rights and the Advertising Industry
Chapter 4. Affirmative Action and the Search for White Collars
Chapter 5. The Golden Age
- 18 illustrations.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed October 27 2015)
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.9783/9780812203851 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|