The Great Depression / WGBH/Boston ; a production of Blackside, Inc. in association with BBC-2 ; executive producer, Henry Hampton ; series creator, Henry Hampton ; series writer, Steve Fayer.
- Alexandria, VA : PBS Video, ©1993.
7 videocassettes (57 min. each) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 1/2 in. + 1 teacher's guide + 1 index
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States.
United States -- History -- 1919-1933.
United States -- History -- 1933-1945.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 1918-1945.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1918-1932.
United States -- Social conditions -- 1933-1945.
New Deal, 1933-1939.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Documentary television programs.
- Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- VHS, NTSC; monaural.
- This 7-part series on the Great Depression uses newsreels, archival photographs and footage, Hollywood films, and eyewitness accounts to re-create the time, from the end of the Roaring Twenties to the outbreak of the Second World War, when economic forces, political change, and social turmoil transformed the nation.
- . A job at Ford's [automobile workers, etc.]
. The road to rock bottom [farmers, veterans, etc.]
. New Deal, New York [Roosevelt, LaGuardia, etc.]
. We have a plan [Upton Sinclair, Social Security, etc.]
. Mean things happening [unions, etc.]
. To be somebody [civil rights, etc.]
. Arsenal of democracy [defense industries, etc.].
- Narrator, Joe Morton.
- Videocassette release of the television series originally broadcast on PBS television in 1993.
- Hampton, Henry, 1940-1998, producer, creator.
Fayer, Steve, 1935- screenwriter.
Morton, Joe, 1947- narrator.
Blackside, Inc., film production company.
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.), film production company.
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service, film production company.
PBS Video, publisher.
- Job at Ford's
Road to rock bottom
New Deal, New York
We have a plan
Mean things happening
To be somebody
Arsenal of democracy
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|