The rapture effect / Jeffrey A. Carver.
- Book Club edition ; Bluejay international ed.
- New York, N.Y. : Tor, 1987.
310 pages ; 22 cm
- Artificial intelligence -- Fiction.
Human-alien encounters -- Fiction.
Space flight -- Fiction.
- Science fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- The year is 2165, a fleet of colonizing starships from Earth approaches the planet Argus, 138 light-years from Earth. During their years-long voyage, Earth has developed a stargate and ended up in an interstellar war, waged by robot fighters far from Earth and commanded by the central artificial intelligence of the gnostic system owned by the McConwell Company. When the AI realizes the futility of the war it's engaged in, it sets out to change its own program, engaging the conspiratorial help of a varied crew of humans and aliens and risking the ultimate destruction of all intelligent civilization.
- "Book Club Edition"--Jacket.
"A Blujay International Edition"--Jacket.
Cover art by Mattingly -- Internet speculative fiction database.
- Local notes:
- Adams Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Dr. Mark B. Adams.
Adams Collection copy wanting dustjacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (donor) (Adams Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Mattingly, David B., 1956- illustrator.
Mark B. Adams Science Fiction Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
- 10613 Tor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|