Bitter tastes : literary naturalism and early cinema in American women's writing / Donna M. Campbell.
- Athens : The University of Georgia Press, 
xiv, 386 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- American fiction -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Motion pictures and women -- United States.
Naturalism in literature.
Naturalism in motion pictures.
American fiction -- Women authors.
Motion pictures and women.
Women and literature.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Grim realism and the culture of feeling: Rebecca Harding Davis, Elizabeth Stuart Phelps, and Lillie Chace Wyman
The Darwinists: borderlands, evolution, and trauma
Bohemian time: Glasgow, Austin, and Cather
Red kimonos and white slavery: the fallen woman in film and print
Where are my children? race, citizenship, and the stolen child
"Manure widows" and middlebrow fiction: rural naturalism in the 1920s
Waste, hoarding, and secrets: modernist naturalism and the servant's body.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|