The Black Panthers : portraits from an unfinished revolution / edited by Bryan Shih and Yohuru Williams.
- First edition.
- New York : Nation Books, 
xiv, 272 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Black Panther Party -- History.
Black Panther Party -- Pictorial works.
Black Panther Party -- Interviews.
Black Panther Party -- History -- Sources.
Black Panther Party.
African American political activists -- Interviews.
African American social reformers -- Interviews.
African American radicals -- Interviews.
Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
African Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Sources.
African American political activists.
African American radicals.
African American social reformers.
African Americans -- Politics and government.
- "October 2016 marks the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Black Panther Party. Photojournalist Bryan Shih, who has been interviewing and taking portraits of the surviving Panthers around the country for years, has partnered with Yohuru Williams, dean and history professor at Fairfield University, to deliver the definitive celebration of the Black Panthers. Part oral history, part scrapbook, this is a beautifully produced book of forty-five black-and-white portraits of the Panthers today, alongside interviews with the surviving Panthers, archival images, Black Panther Party pamphlets and speeches, as well as essays by contributors such as Peniel Joseph, Alondra Nelson, Rhonda Williams, and other high-profile scholars to provide background and context."--Provided by publisher.
- In Defense of Self-Defense: Pathways to the BPP
The People Are My Strength: Coalition Building in the BPP
A Sister's Place in the Revolution: Women in Leadership in the BPP
Block by Block, Door-to-Door: Building Community Support by Serving the People
The Single Greatest Threat: The Covert War Against the BPP.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Shih, Bryan, editor.
Williams, Yohuru R., editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Black Panthers
- 9781568585550 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|