Belle / Fox Searchlight Pictures ; Isle of Man Film; and Pinewood Pictures and BFI present ; a DJ Films production ; an Amma Asante Film ; produced by Damian Jones ; written by Misan Sagay ; directed by Amma Assante.
- [U.K.] : Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2014.
1 videodisc (99 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Racially mixed people -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Drama.
Aristocracy (Social class) -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Drama.
Slavery -- Great Britain -- Anti-slavery movements -- Drama.
Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
Motion pictures, Great Britain.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
Audio description for persons with visual disabilities.
- System Details:
- DVD, PAL, Region 2; widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1 Dolby Digital.
digital optical surround Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 2
- "Although Dido Elizabeth Belle ..., an 18th century English woman of mixed race, is raised in privilege by her aristocratic great-uncle ... and his wife ..., she is denied a proper social standing because of her skin colour. But when Dido falls in love with a young idealist lawyer ... who aspires to create positive change, she finds herself caught between two worlds"--Container.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Tom Wilkinson, Sam Reid, Sarah Gadon, Miranda Richardson, Penelope Wilton, Tom Felton, James Norton, Matthew Goode, Emily Watson.
- Director of photography, Ben Smithard; editors, Pia Di Ciaula, Victoria Boydell; music, Rachel Portman.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2013.
Special features: Belle : the story; The history behind the painting; stills gallery; original theatrical trailer.
- Asante, Amma, 1969- film director.
Sagay, Misan, screenwriter.
Jones, Damian, 1964- film producer.
Mbatha-Raw, Gugu, 1983- actor.
Wilkinson, Tom, 1948- actor.
Watson, Emily, 1967- actor.
Reid, Sam, 1987- actor.
Gadon, Sarah, 1987- actor.
Richardson, Miranda, actor.
Wilton, Penelope, 1946- actor.
Felton, Tom, 1987- actor.
Norton, James, actor.
Goode, Matthew, 1978- actor.
Portman, Rachel, composer (expression)
Fox Searchlight Pictures, presenter.
Isle of Man Film Limited, presenter.
Pinewood Pictures, presenter.
British Film Institute, presenter.
Head Gear Films, film production company.
DJ Films, film production company.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc., publisher.
- Publisher Number:
F1-SGB.1 6047501000 Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|