From Slave Ship to Freedom Road / Julius Lester ; paintings by Rod Brown.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : Dial Books [a division of Penguin Books USA Inc., ©1998].
40 pages : color illustrations ; 24 x 29 cm.
- Brown, Rod, 1961- -- Themes, motives -- Juvenile literature.
Slavery in art -- Juvenile literature.
African Americans in art -- Juvenile literature.
Brown, Rod, 1961-
African Americans in art
Slavery in art.
- Childrens subjects:
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
Slavery -- United States -- History.
- Juvenile works.
Dust jackets (Bindings) -- 1998.
Authors' presentation inscription (Provenance) -- Lester -- 1998.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Paintings by Rod Brown and text by Julius Lester vividly tell the story of slavery in America.
- "Designed by Julie Rauer"--t.p. verso.
Designed by Atha Tehon.
- Local notes:
- Tehon Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Susan Tehon.
Tehon Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
Tehon, Susan (donor) (Tehon Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Brown, Rod, 1961-, illustrator.
Rauer, Julie, designer.
Tehon, Atha, designer.
Atha Tehon Thiras Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Lester, Julius. From slave ship to freedom road.
Online version: Lester, Julius. From slave ship to freedom road.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|