Kaupīnapañcaka, circa 1700-1850. = कौपीनपञ्चक, १७००-१८५०.
- Other Title:
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (1 leaf) : paper ; 10 x 21 cm.
- Vishnu (Hindu deity).
Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity).
- Hymns (documents)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Collection of short texts. The first (f. 1r) celebrates the blessings associated with being a renunciant ascetic (sāṃnyāsin), such as being blessed for wearing a loin cloth (kaupīna); this work extoles the virtues of the Vedānta philosophy of Śaṅkarācārya, to whom the work is attributed; the second text (f. 1r-1v) contains four verses presented in the voice of the god Nārāyaṇa (a form of Viṣṇu). The third work is unidentified, but contains over three verses, and appears to be a devotional work dedicated to Bhagavan. The manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 1r); title of second work Cathuḥślokībhāgavata from internal colophon (f. 1v).
Written in 11 lines per leaf.
Internal colophon: iti śrīśaṃkarācāryaviracitaṃ kaupīnapaṃcakaṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // (f. 1r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1699, 1761, 1923 (UP 2232).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2232.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2232
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|