Egypt [electronic resource] : Background and U.S. Relations.
- [S.l] : [s.n.], 2011.
- Government document
1 online resource (32 p., digital, PDF file)
- Economic assistance.
Freedom of religion.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Provides overview of developments and issues in Egypt and U.S.-Egyptian relations, in light of current public unrest in Egypt and elsewhere in the Arab world. Highlights issues for Congress related to reverberations from revolution in Tunisia, potential successors to President Hosni Mubarak, managing leadership transition, Iranian weapon smuggling to Hamas across Egypt-Gaza border, U.S. role in promoting democracy in Egypt, human rights and religious freedom, and Sudan referendum and Nile River basin. Addresses current issues in U.S.-Egyptian relations, including U.S. foreign assistance to Egypt, U.S.-Egyptian trade, and policy options for Congress.
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Jan. 2013). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs and National Defense Division. Egypt
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|